Policies and terms
Terms of service
By using Middle ("Site"), you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions ("Terms of
Service"). The Terms of Service is an agreement you must accept in order to use Middle's services.
Any violation of the Terms of Service may result in a termination or suspension of your account.
The Terms of Service apply to:
- those providing payment for the Site ("Primary Owners");
- those that are granted ownership privileges by the Primary Owner, or initially set up or
registered for the Site ("Owners");
- those that are granted permission to moderate or administer a team ("Administrators"); and
- those that are invited to join an existing team that has been created in the Site by an
Persons identified in the aforementioned paragraphs (a)-(d) are collectively referred to as "You" or
Middle is a trademark and product of Basecraft, Inc. ("Company"), an Ohio corporation.
Company reserves the right to update and change these Terms of Service without notice. Any new
features that modify, augment or enhance the Site shall be subject to the Terms of Service.
Continued use of the Site after any such change constitutes consent to and acceptance of the Terms
of Service regarding such change. Questions about the Terms of Service may be sent to
Account Terms and Usage
- Account Responsibility. You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and
password. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to
comply with security obligations. You are responsible for all content posted and activity that
occurs under your account, even when content is posted by others under your account login and
not on your behalf. You are responsible for reporting or removing abusive, offensive, defamatory
or otherwise illegal content. Failure to uphold account responsibilities may result in
termination of your account.
- Account Use. You must be a human in order to use the Site. Accounts may not be registered by
"bots" or other automated means. To complete the registration process, you must provide your
full legal name, a valid e-mail address and any other information requested by the Site. You are
the only person permitted to use your login and a single login may not be shared by multiple
people. Separate logins may be created for as many people as the Administrator would like. By
using the Site you agree to (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about
your self as requested by the Site and (ii) maintain and promptly update such information to
keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide information that is false,
inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, or Company has reasonable grounds to suspect that such
information is false, inaccurate, outdated or incomplete, Company reserves the right to suspend
or terminate your access to the Site and prohibit your future use of the Site.
- Illegality. You may not use the Site for any illegal purposes or in violation of any laws in
your jurisdiction. All content posted on the Site must comply with U.S. copyright law.
- Solicitation. You are not permitted to use the Site for solicitation or the advertisement of any
products or services offered by you without the express written content of Company.
- Overuse. Company reserves the right to temporarily disable your account if your usage
significantly exceeds the average usage of other Site customers. You will be provided notice
prior to a temporarily disabling of the Site, except in circumstance where your usage level
negatively impacts the performance of the Site and interferes with usage and performance for
other Site customers.
- Entire Agreement. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Company
and govern your use of the Site. No prior or contemporaneous agreements are integrated into
these Terms of Service. The Terms of Service supersede any prior agreements between you and
Company, including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service.
- Transmission of Information. By using the Site you understand that through technical processes
and transmission of the Site, your content may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a)
transmissions over various networks and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical
requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- Liability. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. The Site is provided on an "as is" and "as
available" basis. Customer and technical support is only provided via email at
email@example.com or Twitter at @MiddleHQ.
- Third Party. Company uses third party partners to provide necessary hosting, hardware, software,
networking, and related services to run the Site. You agree that Company is not liable for any
failure by a third party partner.
Site Modifications, Price, Payment, Plan Changes, Taxes and Refunds
- Notice of Site Modifications. Company reserves the right at any time to modify, temporarily
discontinue or permanently discontinue the Site with or without notice to you.
- Notice of Price Change. Prices for the Site are subject to change upon 30-days notice from
Company. Such notice may be provided at any time by e-mail to the administrator of your account
or by posting to the Site.
- Liability. Company shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price
change, suspension or discontinuance of the Site.
- Free Trial. The Site is offered with a free 30-day trial. You are required to provide a credit
card for payment prior to receiving the 30-day trial. After completion of the free 30-day trial,
your credit card will be charged per the payment terms selected during registration. You will
only be able to continue using the Site by paying in advance for usage. Failure to pay for usage
will result in suspension of your account until payment is made.
- Plan Changes. Any upgrade or downgrade in plan level will result in the new rate being applied
at the next billing cycle. Services will not be prorated if downgrading in between billing
cycles. Downgrading your service may cause the loss of features, capacity or temporary loss of
account access. Company does not accept any liability for such loss.
- Taxes. All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies or duties imposed by taxing authorities, and
you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levy or duties, excluding only United
States (federal or state) taxes.
- Refunds. All refunds are processed according to our Refund Policy.
Cancellation, Content Removal and Account Termination
- Cancellation. If you cancel service to the Site before the end of your selected invoicing
period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again. You
will continue to have access to the Site until the end of your selected invoicing period. There
will not be any prorating of unused time in the last invoicing cycle. Company is not liable for
your failure to properly cancel your account. You are solely responsible for proper
cancellation. You can cancel you account at any time through the Team Settings or by contacting
- Removal. Company has no obligation to remove any content from the Site. Nevertheless, Company
reserves the right to refuse or remove any content that is posted to or available via the Site.
Content and accounts that are unlawful, violate any party's intellectual property or violate
these Terms of Service, may be removed at Company's sole discretion. Upon cancellation of your
account, all content will be immediately inaccessible. Within 30 days, all of your account
content will be permanently deleted from all backups and logs. Information cannot be recovered
once it is permanently deleted.
- Termination. Company reserves the right to terminate your account for violation of the Terms of
Service. Verbal, physical, written or other abuse, including, but not limited to, threats of
abuse or retribution, of any Company employee, officer or agent employed by or acting on behalf
of Company will result in immediate account termination.
Copyright and Ownership
- Copyright. The look, feel and design of the Site is copyright Basecraft, Inc. All rights
reserved. You may not duplicate, copy or reuse any visual elements, or any portion of the HTML,
- Intellectual Property. Company claims no intellectual property rights over the material you post
or provide to the Site. All materials uploaded remain yours.
- Reproduction. You are not permitted to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, exploit or use
for your own profit any portion of the Site without the express written consent of the Company.
You may not modify, adapt or hack the Site. The modification of another website so as to falsely
represent association with the Site or Company is strictly prohibited.
Warranties, Damages and Dispute Resolution
- Disclaimer of Warranties. Company makes no warranty that (i) the Site will meet your
requirements, (ii) the Site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, (iii) the
results that may be obtained from the use of the Site will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the
quality of any services, products, information or other materials obtained or purchased through
the use of the Site.
- Limitation of Liability and Waiver of Damages. Under no circumstances is Company liable for any
damages arising out of, in connection with or relating to the use of or inability to use the
Site, including any liability (i) as a publisher of information, (ii) for any incorrect or
inaccurate information, (iii) for any unauthorized access to or disclosure of your transmissions
or data, (iv) for statements or conduct of any third party on the Site or (v) for any other
matter relating to the Site or any third party service. You expressly understand and agree that
Company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or
exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business, loss of profits,
loss of goodwill, loss of use, loss of data, cost of procuring substitute goods or services or
any other intangible losses, whether based on breach of contract, breach of warranty, tort or
otherwise. The limitations and waivers set forth in the Terms of Service are fundamental
elements of the basis of the bargain between Company and you. The information and services
offered through the Site would not be offered without such limitations.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Company, its affiliates and
agents against all claims, demands, causes of action, losses, expenses, damages and cost,
including any reasonable attorney fees, resulting or arising from or relating to you use or
conduct on the Site, any activity related to use of the Site by you, any material that you
submit, post or transmit through Site, your breach of the Terms of Service, your infringement or
violation of any rights of another or termination of your access to the Site.
- Dispute Resolution. By using Site, you agree that the Site shall be governed by and construed in
accordance with the laws of the State of Ohio in the United States, without regard to any choice
of law provisions. You agree to submit to personal jurisdiction in the State of Ohio and further
agree that any cause of action arising from or relating to the use of the Site or these Terms of
Service shall be brought exclusively in the Federal or State Courts residing in Ohio.
- Failure to Enforce. Company's failure to enforce or exercise all or any of the rights or
provisions of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or provisions.
- Severability. If any provision of the Terms of Service shall be deemed unlawful, void, or for
any reason unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the validity and enforceability
of any remaining provisions shall not be affected.
We hope to never see you go, but we understand that teams and circumstances change. If you decide to
leave us, we will work with you to make sure you are refunded appropriately.
Invoicing plans are selected at the time of registration. We are unable to grant prorated or partial
refunds. If you cancel your account prior to the end of your selected invoicing period, you will
continue to have access to your account until your invoicing period ends. In the event that you
intended to cancel your account but forgot to do so prior to the start of a new invoicing period,
and you or your team have not used Middle during the new invoicing period, please contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist you.
We understand that there might be extenuating circumstances, or a spell of bad luck that has left you
in a pickle. Whatever it is, don’t be shy. Get in touch with us at email@example.com.
We're all about transparency and open communication at Middle, but your data is yours and we respect
your privacy. We'll only ever access your account to resolve a technical difficulty - and of course,
only with your knowledge and permission. We'll never open any uploaded files or view your loops
unless you ask us to. We log access to all accounts by IP address, so we can always verify that no
unauthorized access has happened for as long as the logs are kept.
The data we collect at Middle is used solely for good. We use data to research and analyze trends and
actions to better understand how users are using Middle and to continually improve our service for
Information we collect and how we use it
- Account creation information. When you register for Middle, we ask for your company name, your
name, e-mail address, and a password. This information is used to personalize your account and
update essential information. We may also use this information to communicate with you via
e-mail to send you updates and notices. E-mails and notices sent to you from Middle are
considered part of the service we provide and you may not opt out of them at any time. We'll
never sell your personal information or data to third parties, and we'll never use your name or
company name for marketing purposes without your permission.
- Billing information. Middle may collect and store billing address and credit card information or
our third party payment processors may do this on our behalf. We use account data to administer
accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
- Log data. When you use Middle our servers automatically record information, which includes
information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or your mobile app sends when
you are using it. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web page you
visited before using Middle, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of
Middle, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, and
- Device usage. We may collect information about the device you are using Middle on, including
what type of device it is, what operating system you are using, device settings, application
IDs, unique device identifiers, and crash data. Whether we collect some or all of this
information often depends on what type of device you are using and its settings.
- Usage. We collect information about how you are accessing and using Middle, which may include,
but not limited to, (1) administrative and support communications with us (2) information about
your team, (3) loops, polls and goals created, and (4) actions such as check-in/check-out, names
of Events and Things added. We use this information to improve our service and user experience
so we can continue to provide the best possible service to you.
Additional privacy information
- Law enforcement. Middle will not provide your data to law enforcement unless required by court
order. We reject requests from local and federal law enforcement when they seek data without a
court order. Unless we're legally prevented from it, we'll always inform you when such requests
- EU-US Privacy Shield & US-Swiss Safe Harbor Policy. In compliance with the US-EU and US-Swiss
Safe Harbor Principles, Middle commits to resolve complaints about your privacy and our
collection or use of your personal information. European Union or Swiss citizens with inquiries
Middle further commits to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US and US-Swiss Safe
Harbor Principles to an independent dispute resolution mechanism, the BBB EU SAFE HARBOR,
operated by the Council of Better Business Bureaus. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment
of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit
http://www.bbb.org/us/safe-harbor-complaints for more information and to file a complaint.
- Encryption. Middle uses SSL/TLS across our entire system to keep all connections secure. Your
password is heavily encrypted in our database using industry standards. Our database backups are
also encrypted. Data isn't encrypted while it is live in our database so that we can access it
for customer service purposes and live usage information, however, we secure your data when it
is at rest. We do not store any of your financial data on our servers. All payment data is
stored with our payment processing partner. More information on their security can be found
- Deleted data. When you cancel your account, we'll ensure that nothing is stored on our servers
past 30 days. You can learn more about deleted data in the Terms of Service.
- Opting out. You may opt-out of third party cookies from Google Analytics by visiting
https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and following opt-out instructions. We do not currently
recognize or respond to browser-initiated "Do Not Track" signals as there is no consistent
industry standard for compliance.
- Children's Information. Middle and its use are not directed to children under 13. If you learn
that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact
significant changes we will notify the account Owner. Other incremental changes will be posted
to this page. If you continue to use Middle after changes are in effect, you agree to the